The gas fired magnesium crucible furnace is equipment used for the melting and holding of magnesium ingots in a crucible that is directly heated with natural gas burners.
Crucible furnace structure
· Barrel casing made of 4mm thick steel plate
· Crucible cover made of 25mm thick steel plate
· Bottom plate made of 8mm thick steel plate
· Cover made of 10mm thick steel plate
· Chimney made of 6mm thick steel plate, can be flipped 90 degrees
Construction materials of furnace lining
· Three layers of high temperature insulation boards (Morgan-imported)
· Insulated cotton with the density of 260
· High-purity high-temperature insulating brick: mullite (Morgan-imported);
· Specially developed insulation materials.
Control panel: A. ammeter, B. current controller (manually controlled by knob), C. temperature controller, D. button switch
Thyristor component (Japan Omron)
Intermediate relay (CHINT)
Three-phase meter (1:40) (Shanghai Kirtun)
Circuit breaker and other electrical components
Thyristor trigger (Xiamen Yudian)
Characteristics of magnesium alloy
The specific gravity of magnesium alloy is 2/3 that of aluminum and 2/9 that of iron, so it is very light.
The melting point of magnesium alloy is almost the same as that of aluminum, and the boiling point is relatively low at 420 °C.
A large amount of magnesium powder reacting violently with water will result in ignition, and the high temperature magnesium will react with the oxygen in the air to cause combustion.
Hongxing Corporation has been designing and manufacturing industrial furnace/ovens and heat treating equipment since 2006.Our products cover all types of melting and holding furnace or heat treatment equipment.